Easy & Quick Doggy Ice-Cream
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 Tub of goats milk yogurt
- 2 t/bs of peanut butter (check it doesn’t contain xylitol)
- Add small bits of veg or fruit (carrot, peas, apple, blueberries etc)
- Mash all together.
- Freeze in a kong or other treat toy for 4 hours.
- Serve and relish in the glory of being the bestest human ever.
Veggie & Fruit Ice Cubes
- Ice-Cube tray
- Fruits and veggies cut up. If you aren’t sure which veggies and fruits your pet can have make sure to check with your vet.
- Water or no salt stock
Freeze and serve!
Don’t forget your dog needs plenty of shade and fresh water! If he doesn’t want to eat his normal food, soak in some water and then freeze for a more appealing meal. You can take your clothes off but he is walking around zipped into a fur coat!
What about dog walks?
Some dogs don’t care about the heat, others really struggle. As a dog walking business we here at Poppy and Pals obviously don’t want to lose your custom but we are happy to turn our walks into visits and leave frozen treats if we think your pet may struggle. Check with your dog walker to see what their hot day protocol is.